STX AM Tour Series FAQ
- S TX Am Tour golf competitors and their caddies are to always observe proper golf etiquette. Any abuse or disrespect from competitors directed towards; fellow competitors, Tour Staff/Ambassadors, spectators, employees of the host facility or other person attending Tour organized event, will be grounds for disqualification from the event, and possible rejection of entry from future Tour events. Such abuse may be verbal or physical or threat thereof and includes but is not limited to: the use of obscene language, physical damage to property or equipment of The S TX Am Tour or host facility, throwing of golf clubs, and/or being under the influence of alcohol or a controlled substance during a competitive round.
- The defacing or vandalism of any S TX Am Tour property, scoring sheets, or any marketing material of any kind will lead to direct disqualification from the current Tour event and will carry a mandatory two event suspension from future S TX Am Tour events.
- During the regular season and Tour playoffs, The STX Am Tour will utilize scorecard playoffs for most tie breaking scenarios. The #1 handicap hole will be used to break the tie. If still tied, the #2 handicap hole will be used, and so on and so on until the tie is settled.
- GROSS Scores will break GROSS ties. NET Scores will break NET Ties.
- In the event of a tie, on the second round of a two day event, the 2nd round scores will be used to break ties. If golfers are tied throughout all 18 holes, the #1 handicap from round #1 will be used, and so on until tie is settled.
- Scorecard playoffs will NOT be used for REGULAR SEASON MAJOR CHAMPIONS (PC Masters & PC Open), The Final STMPC Team Spot from The Tour Championship & FINAL SPOT TO GET IN THE HORSERACE.
- The STMPC Challenge has 16 team members.
- TOP 3 from Spring, TOP 3 from Summer, TOP 7 from TOUR CHAMPIONSHIP, 1 WILDCARD (most points not on team following tour championship), The HORSERACE WINNER and A Sponsor Selection.
- In the event of a TIE for 3rd in SPRING or SUMMER, the WILDCARD spot will be eliminated.
- In the event of a tie for 3rd in SPRING AND SUMMER, The WILDCARD spot will be eliminated and the 7th spot from The TOUR CHAMPIONSHIP will be eliminated, and only 6 spots will be available from The TOUR CHAMPIONSHIP.
- Playing handicap to not exceed 36. (40 for female golfers)
Official Unclaimed Prize Policy:
The STX Am Tour always recommends that golfers wait at the course, day of event, until your flight is complete to claim winnings. This ensures that you receive your prize/skin in the timeliest manner possible.
All unclaimed prizes will stay with the STX Am Tour Ownership / Director, and be available for collection via the outlets listed below. It is the Tour Golfer's responsibility to inform the STX AmTour Director, via email, which collection outlet they are requesting.
- Pickup at future STX Am Tour Event within 30 days
- USPS Mail
- If unclaimed prize is a gift card & golfer is an Alamo City Golf Trail Players Club Member; The gift card amount can be automatically added to your Member Account.
The STX Am Tour is not responsible for lost or unclaimed prizes and will hold unclaimed prizes for 30 days after the tournament date. Following the 30-day holding period, all unclaimed prizes will be donated to The STX Am Tour South Texas Match Play Challenge Team.
If you have exhausted your usual options, we recommend posting on the STX Am Tour facebook page and emailing email@example.com and asking to be on the "Needs Partner" list. Please specify the handicap you are and the range of handicaps you would accept as a pairing. We will try our best to pair everyone, but there is no guarantees. Under no circumstances, should you sign up online and leave your partner blank, or TBD. If you find a partner later, follow up to be removed from the "Needs Partner" list and sign up online.
- Tee times & pairings will be emailed to the field, and posted to the STX Am Tour Facebook Page, on the Thursday prior to Saturday events and the Friday before Sunday events. If the event sells out sooner, pairings and tee times may be released earlier.
- You will receive your tee time via email you signed up with or is in our database. You can also find them on Facebook. Email Tour Owner / Director, Travis Salkowski at firstname.lastname@example.org if you believe you should have received a tee time but were not on the sheet when they are released.
- If you are a DIE HARD MEMBER or or EMPLOYEE of The Trail, you need to register manually by emailing Tour Owner / Director Travis Salkowski at email@example.com and be placed on the "To Pay" list. If you do not receive a confirmation in 2 business days, please follow up. You are not signed up until you receive a confirmation.
- The STX Am Tour will use 80% of your unverified index or average score to calculate a "like average" for flight placement. Must have two scores in the database to be eligible for STX Am Tour NET prizes. Your first score plus the 80% number, averaged together, will be used for the golfer’s 2nd Tour event.
- You can submit your average score and we will generate a temporary handicap until you have two (2) scores in the STX Am Tour database.
- The BLACK TOUR TEES will use the course rating of the Trail course BLUE Tees. (The Tournament Tee @ Olmos Basin)
- The BLUE TOUR TEES will use a proprietary rating of 33% less than the course BLUE rating.
- The GREEN TOUR TEES will use a proprietary rating of 33% more than the course WHITE rating.
- The WHITE TOUR TEES will use the course rating of the Trail course WHITE Tees.
For the 2023 STX Am Tour Regular Seasons & Playoffs, the Senior Golfer category will be eligible at 50 years of age. This aligns with the USGA Senior golfer age.
All golfers that meet the age requirement, will have the opportunity to play from a reduced yardage set of tees within their respective flights. (Approx. 8% reduction)
- Flights are determined based on the number of signed-up golfers for a particular Tour Event. We try to flight 20-25 golfers before breaking flights. Golfers are then ordered from lowest to high handicap and flights are divided up from there.
You can withdraw by emailing Tour Owner / Director, Travis Salkowski at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can be issued a refund or Tour credit if it is before pairings are announced.
- If it is after the first announcement of pairings, you can only be given a Tour credit. (1st Notice to Players)
- If it is after the second announcement of pairings or you no-show, you will receive neither a refund nor credit.
Please follow up if you have not received a confirmation email in 2 business days. Without a confirmation, your credit or refund was likely not processed.
- Unfortunately not, the only thing that you cannot use ACGT gift cards for, is tournament registration(s).
- You may use another Golfer Handicapping System or an average 18 hole score in your first STX Am Tour Event. The STX Am Tour will use this handicap to properly place you within a Tour Flight. Following continual Tour Play, The STX Am Tour uses its own proprietary handicapping formula. TOURNAMENT SCORES ONLY are recorded for two years, plus the current season. This creates a TOUR ONLY AVERAGE. This average is subtracted from Par in regards to the tee box selection, and calculated at 80%. This "Tour Average Index" is then converted to the golf courses rating/slope, to create a COURSE HCAP for each specific golfer.
- This handicap formula is NOT USGA TRANSFERABLE. Meaning, it is only used on The STX Am Tour.
- The cut line represents the top 50 golfers, who are invited to the season-ending playoffs.
- The South Texas Match Play Challenge is a Ryder Cup-style event played annually. The STX Am Tour against The Houston Am Golf Assoc. 16 team members from each origination make up each team.
- The STX Am Tour Regular Seasons, generate 6 of the players for the Tour team and the other 10 are generated in the playoffs.
**** STX AM TOUR OPTIONAL SKINS –
Optional skins game may be offered at the starters tent prior to teeing off for a Tour Event.
* REMINDER - Skins games will change and vary based on the style of game and tournament format. Inquire at the starters tent, with questions about each events skins game prior to participating.
- The STX Am Tour will notify players, via email and Facebook in real-time, about any delays or rescheduling. The STX Am Tour will plan for safety and playability. The player needs to plan for uncomfortable. Extremely heavy rain or electricity in the air, would be cause to reschedule an event. In the event of a reschedule or cancelation, transfer of funds or refunds will be given. In the event that a player doesn't show up, due to weather, of their own accord; no refund or credit will be given.
- The STX Am Tour is run and operated by PGA Professional Travis Salkowski and a team of volunteer Tour Ambassadors, who all have other full-time jobs outside of the STX Am Tour. Responses may come early in the morning or late in the evening. Please allow 2 business days for responses before following up with another email.
- It is your responsibility to be at the first tee 10 minutes prior to your tee time. If you are late, you will be stroked in accordance to the rules of golf, then DISQUALIFIED. If you are on the "To Pay" list, please allow yourself an extra 10 minutes to check in with the STARTERS AREA and pay your entry fee.
- The STX Am Tour is not a league, it is a Competitive Golf Tour that follows all USGA and R&A rules of golf. The committee may enact Local Rules that are permitted by the rules of golf, but no unsanctioned rules modifications are allowed or enacted.
- The STX Am Tour does not enact the new 2019 Local Rule allowing you to drop in the fairway for a 2 stroke penalty.
- Balls hit out of bounds MUST be re-hit for a stroke and distance penalty.
- The rules committee names are printed on the rules sheet at every Tour Event.
- PGA Professional Travis Salkowski will chair every rules committee.
- STX Am Tour Director & STX Am Tour Ambassadors make up each events Rules Committee